Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The system has recovered from a serious error.

• Please log in to reply

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, I start up my computer, load some programs, and this horrible evil grinding and clicking noise starts coming from my computer (NOT the speakers). I think its the motherboard. Then, it gets so bad i hear a TONE (pitch) emitted from not the speakers, but from the inside of my laptop compaq presario 2100. Then I get a BSOD, saying something blah blah (i forgot it, next time I'll write it down) and says at the end, beginning memory dump...
When I reboot it says the system has recovered from a serious error, and I copied and pasted the error info and it said the error was logged also. How to acecss the full log I do not know.

BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 835AA158 BCP3 : 835AA2CC
BCP4 : 805F9F88 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Sean!!1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5194.dir00\Mini110305-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Sean!!1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5194.dir00\sysdata.xml

Hopefully that doesn't give you any informtion you shouldn't be able to have. =\

HELP!! i KNOW there is something wrong here. I took it to Best Buy and the geek squad ran a diag and such, and nothing was wrong at all. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

This will take an hour, it will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I did it, it took about an hour, and it restarted. Instantly when I clicked my username it startedthe infernal clicking noises. What did that do?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The grinding noise suggests moving parts which are having trouble moving, most likely the hard drive, so checking the disc should have shown something

Still seems like the disc, while everything runs from or through the motherboard, that itself hasn't got much to account for the noise

You could run this to see if it tells you anything

http://www.majorgeek...life_d4486.html

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm going to attepmt to record the noises. After it makes the tone, it seems to stop clicking (so far)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you looked inside the machine? there may be some wires pushed up against a fan...i've had this happen before....makes an awefull racket....haven't had it make the squeal tone yet...but i would imagine that if the fan physically stops it might harm the bearing which would allow the shaft to spin free making a squeal inside of the fan.

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
No, its not a squealing. It's like an internal noise, emitting from a speaker that's not the main computer speakers. Here's some info from my 293847th BSOD, thought it might help:

kernel data inpage error

0x0000007A (0xE1908CA4, 0xC000000E, 0xBF8F71DC)
win32k.sys- Adress BF8f71DC base at BF8000000, Date Stamp 422571a2

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The grinding noise suggests moving parts which are having trouble moving, most likely the hard drive, so checking the disc should have shown something

Still seems like the disc, while everything runs from or through the motherboard, that itself hasn't got much to account for the noise

You could run this to see if it tells you anything

http://www.majorgeek...life_d4486.html

I would be happy to use that on my computer, but it doesn't seem to stay on long enough for me to do that. 0_o

Ooh yay, new and diff BSOD info:

0x000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X8369E698, OX8369E80C, 0X805E9FF8)

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
now i rebooted after a BSOD and it ran PXE. Media test failure. OS not found. What is going on?? Then the next reboot, it boots up fine. Help!

Edited by 1.am.534n, 13 November 2005 - 07:37 PM.

1.am.534n

1.am.534n

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Can someone help me>

youreanidiot

youreanidiot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
YOUR HARD DRIVE IS BAD YOU [bleep]ING RETARD

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
YOUR COMPUTER IS HEADED FOR TOTAL MELTDOWN SO.......

the best advice i can give is this starting now save all pictures and any important data

copy them to cd or dvd or email them to yourself

do this immediately like start now

heres some info on your problem

STOP ERROR 0x0000007A
STOP ERROR 0x000000F4
http://support.micro...=330100&sd=RMVP

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100.
hope this helps

I HAD SAME STOP ERROR AND IT DAMAGED MOTHER BOARD AND HARDDRIVE SO I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE I ENDED UP WITH GETTING NEW COMPUTER.AND I LOST EVERYTHING BUT CE LA VIE

Edited by rushin1nd, 24 October 2006 - 11:05 AM.