Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help on this so far nothing ?

• Please log in to reply

loco4ever

loco4ever

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Everytime I reboot my I get an error saying failed to connect to driver 2 ? Can somebody give me an hand on this .It has and ok button I hit it and it goes away but always pops back up in the beginging ?? :tazz: :) :)

Advertisements

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
hey first thing try to clear all the items from your startup.
start->run->type msconfig hit enter.
click on the startup tab and clear all the items except antivirus and firewall.
click apply and ok .. restart .. that should resolve the issue..

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I don\'t thing that it is programs causeing it, but you could try what dagger segested.

I would be more inclined to think corrupt Windows XP files. To fix this go

Start < Run < and type sfc /scannow this will give a blue bar when it gose reboot. This should ask for the windows XP CD so have that ready. This will fix all corrupt files from Windows XP.

loco4ever

loco4ever

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hey Mike ~ I did what you told me and nothing ..I also use the repair on the cd and used the upgrade method to reply all files last night .I did what you told me and rebooted and nothing any other idea?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

loco4ever

loco4ever

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I look under systems and this is what I found System Error 11/4/2005 5:45 pm Service Control Manager none 7000 N/A DFWMN751 Error 11/4/2005 5:45 pm Service Control Manager none 7000 N/A DFWMN751 Error 11/4/2005 5:45 pm Service Control Manager none 7000 N/A DFWMN751 Error 11/4/2005 5:45 pm Service Control Manager none 7009 N/A DFWMN751 Error 11/4/2005 5:45 pm Service Control Manager none 7009 N/A DFWMN751 ..