Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet browser

• Please log in to reply

loco4ever

loco4ever

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I am wondering besides internet explorer is anybody having any good luck with firefox or opera .I think I am going to change I had firefox alot of plugin's to download plus I look at web pages w/no pic's .What else is out there that is good to use ??? :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Firefox works well out of the box.

You will ned to redownload the plugins such as Java, Flash, Quicktime, etc as they only download for the browser you're using at the time.

Some websites won't work in anything other than IE - or so they claim.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
firefox is good. and I think if you have java installed already you don't need to download the install again, just that when it needs java it'll prompt you to download something that integrates your current install with firefox. some people say it doesn't work with quicktime but when I've installed it, its found quicktime just fine and started using it without complaint. flash reinstallation is a given and only takes a minute or so.

windows update only works with IE. microsoft making a monopoly of itself :tazz:

loco4ever

loco4ever

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
What about opera?? Any ??

Toyman

Toyman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Try Avant. http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Jmody

Jmody

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I have all three. I.E., Firefox, and Opera. Personally, I swear by firefox. It beats all hands down in my experience. The only complaint i have about it is the quicktime thing. I play an online game called bootleggers and your allowed to have music on your profile. well everytime i view someones profile it gives me a popup saying that im missing a certain quicktime plugin. when i click on the balloon to download it, it tries to download itunes which i already have. :tazz: