Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of duty 2 NOT RUNNING! Alpha Blender

• Please log in to reply

julienko3

julienko3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A prompt comes up when I try to run call of duty 2 . It says your video card or driver does not support alpha blending. I have an INTEL R 82865G Graphics controller driver. What drivers should I download for this prompt to not come up

Im only 11 years old. Please dont use words like aoidfjapoiu dfziludflad just use little words that I will understand.

Thanks guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Julien

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello julienko3 and welcome to Geeks To Go!

The minimum requirements for COD2 are:

3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 64 MB Hardware Accelerator video card and the latest drivers.
English version of Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP
Pentium® IV 1.4GHz or AMD Athlon™ XP 1700+
256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers.
100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
4.0GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 600MB for Windows® 2000/XP swap file)
8x Speed CD-ROM drive or 2x DVD-ROM drive

The INTEL 82865G simply isn't capable of running the game, you need to upgrade your graphics card.