Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about sound Cards

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Not offended here lol. :tazz: :)

I had integrated sound on my Dfi Lanparty board tried it one day, right when I got the motherboard, then decided to get better card. In games I could tell the difference and listening to music with the subwoofer hooked up to the new card. Its all about money, and if you are a hardcore gamer, listening to music fanatic.

If you have cheap 2.1 speakers you wont tell the difference at all even with the new card. A subwoofer hooked up and you will tell a difference. I just love the bass and surround sound.

If you dont intend to buy better speakers with a nice subwoofer then ignore all of this and stick with what you got. Hope this helps you out waffle11.

Edited by jrm20, 05 November 2005 - 04:33 PM.

Advertisements