Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dynamode config menu doesn't show up i

• Please log in to reply

violethidin

violethidin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have just bought and configured a dynamode r-adsl-c4s router and whereas I could before, I cannot now see anything when I log on to the config pages. It asks for login details and appears to log on but does not show anything in the browser window.
Any ideas???????

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you changed anything about your browser?
have you changed anything about java?
have you changed any settings as far as a firewall or popup blocker?

violethidin

violethidin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,Thanks for answer.-
I had disabled javascript in firefox because I have the no script extension which handles this per site. I have enabled javascript previously for my router config page within noscript.
I have since reenabeled javascript in firefox and it does nothing. I have enabled java (which has been disabled for months) and nothing happens still.
I now get a problem loading page message. Server is taking too long to respond. I'm gutted. Up and running for like 2hrs, trying to get router setup and now no access. I have not changed any firewall or poupbocker settings but interestingly enough I thought that IE may be able to access it. IE cannot even access the web!!!!!!

I only wanted to enable port forwarding.

Previous to this problem I followed instructions for port forwarding which involved setting up a static Ip in windows.-(ipconfig /all, transfer of data into tcp/ip settings for my network connection) the details from ipconfig /all had my dns very close to my router logon.

and then enabling port forwarding on specified ports. THe router would not at this point allow me to specify different ports to forward and would then not save and reboot to write info to flash.
then I got these problems

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there may be asetting that got corrupted...if you feel comfortable with being able to reconfiure the device...you could reset the router to factory settings and start over...this would get rid of any misconfiguration

violethidin

violethidin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
sorry, I should have mentioned, I have done that and things are the same. I can still access the internet though and downloads come in between 200-300 kbs.