Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geforce 6600gt problems

• Please log in to reply

jflashg

jflashg

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a dell intel P4 2.8
i just installed a new XFX Geforce 6600gt. Upon starting up Doom 3 to see how it runs, the computer soon shutdown/froze up(i dont know which one) and the monitor went black. Upon turning down the resolution and such, i eventually got Doom 3 to run. I could not get any other 3d accelerated programs to run, however(the same system failure would occur for these too). I noticed that my stock power supply was only a 250watt and i needed a 300w to run the video card(according to nvidia manual). I installed a new 480w however doom still does not run at any higher quality settings. I updated all my drivers for the monitor and video card, and i do not know what to do next.... any help?

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go Jflashg,

I need some information from you, so that I can help. First I need you to run a program for me, click Start -> Run type dxdiag.

Now run all the tests under the Display, Sound, and Music. After all the tests are done save the information by clicking Save All Information. Save it to the desktop, then send me a PM with it attached.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Download the latest drivers for your integrated sound card. Then run the dxdiag program again, runnning all the test, then send a PM with it attached.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Also what kind of PSU did you buy?? Was it a generic brand, or a brand name like ThermalTake, Antec, CoolMax, ect.??

jflashg

jflashg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i fixed it.

an0nym0u5

an0nym0u5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Could you please tell us how you fixed it? Thanks

Mackieee

Mackieee

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, It will so helpful if you tell us*admin how you solved this annoying problem which i also have :/