Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DESPERATE FOR HELP WITH WIN98se

• Please log in to reply

sshfcc

sshfcc

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Please, please can anyone help me in layman terms over the problem that my display setting are stuck at either 2 or 16 colours. The slider adjustr won't budge and the graphics are huge and hard to make out. The text spreads over a monitor and a half!
Surely someone has encountered this prob. before and could put it in simple layman terms for me a novice.
Many thanks in anticipation

Sam :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
sounds like y ou need a video card driver, you can get one of these from the manufacturer's website...if you need help finding it let us know

sshfcc

sshfcc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi

Please could you tell me where I could download a video card. I am operating a system Dell 1024i-P/1024i-Color
Many thanks

Sshfcc

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
go to the dell website, click on the home computer section, then look for the driver download section. put in your service tag number...which should be somewhere on your computer...or put in your model number...this will give you a group of drivers for the machine.....get the video drivers and install them

droid

droid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This happened to me a while back. Something to do with NT graphics drivers which i deleted by accident when i reformatted to a windows 98 drive. Had to buy a new video card. Least i have nice colours now!!Ha!Ha!