Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer games causing problems with games and Windows

• Please log in to reply

danny3636

danny3636

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having problems playing computer games on my computer, which in turn make my computer lag horribly and I'm forced to restart. It is a laptop that was purchased over the summer so it isn't old or anything. When I used to play Counterstrike, within 10 minutes or so it would all of a sudden 'lag' to the point where I couldn't play and couldn't do anything on my computer. There was an error message that said " NET_SendPacket ERROR: NO ERROR" . I always had to restart my computer. In the past few days though, when I try to play CS it does the same thing where it 'lags' and I can't even move my mouse around the screen once I exit it so I have to restart. Since I couldn't play CS I tried Starcraft and the same thing happened wiht the not being able to move mouse and everything. These past few days though, the error message doesn't appear. I have no clue why this is all happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I can provide any more info that would help. Thanks in advance for checking this out! -Dan

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
let's see if this makes a difference
start > control pannel> administrative tools > services

look for windows messenger service, stop it and set it to manual.

danny3636

danny3636

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
is that the same service as "messenger", I have that one set to "disabled" already