Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashes

• Please log in to reply

Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[font=Arial]I have 2 problems with my PC and I am not sure what the problems are.

The PC will crash when no-one is near it. When this happens it takes an age to power it back up. The power button seems to be disconnected. Then it will just power up no problem. This can be up to an hour later. There is not even an error report to send off.

The PC will crash whenever a graphics program closes down. This is not an "every time" problem, but 7 out of 10 times. I think this is something graphics card related as any media player or game can trigger a crash.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing these crashes?

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Midnight Rider!

From what I have read I am betting either your power supply is going bad or you don't have a powerful enough power supply to run your computer. What is the maximum output in Watts (W) that your power supply can put out?

Fenor