Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP (SP 2) Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello I recently installed Windows XP (SP 2) and I have no sound and I cant find a diver for my sound here. Here is my information:

Processor: Family 15 Model 2.4 GHz
Ram: 512
Sound Device: Intel ® 92901AA AC'97 Audio controller

If you need more information I will post it. So please help me find a diver for my audio controller. :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Shadow Tech!

Please download, install and run Everest Home Edition. You can download it using the link in my signature. When you run it, do a SYSTEM SCAN and please post (as an ATTACHMENT) the report it creates to your next post.

Feno

*EDIT* What is the brand and model # of your computer? Like Dell Dimension 5000 for example

Edited by Fenor, 04 November 2005 - 03:22 PM.

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok I did the scan here is the report..

Attached Files

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Download your audio driver here.

Fenor

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Nope it didnt work.. I installed and when the sound max installtion came up it said "Driver not found Please reboot" Well I rebooted my computer and it still donest work. Got any other ideas?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Thats the driver for your built-in audio for your motherboard, so if that doesn't work looks like the sound card may be damaged.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 04 November 2005 - 04:06 PM.

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hmm well thats werid well thanks anyways..

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can try going to Windows Update and click on CUSTOM instead of EXPRESS and see if there is anything listed for your sound card under HARDWARE, OPTIONAL.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 04 November 2005 - 04:10 PM.

Shadow Tech

Shadow Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok I'll try that.. Do you think that someone could help me fix my sound problem by Remote Assistance?

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Hello shadow i got your reply sorry for being late.. could you try downloading this http://www.drivershq.com/
Then See if it helps... it scans your pc to see if drivers need to be updated as i get confused on the Intel site sorry if it doesnt work..

Nvidia Dude

Edited by NvidiaDude, 28 November 2005 - 01:10 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It may sound crazy but installing Intel sound driver can be a real pain. For some reason, which I do not understand, they devised a very complex procedure which I learned the hard way. I am not sure that this will help in your case but give it a try. The basic idea is that you have to go through an initial procedure. Only after doing this you will be able to install your sound driver. There is no way to avoid this.

If you have the drivers disk of your motherboard do the following:

click: software > drivers > audio > audio driver > 5.10.0.5027 > MSHDQFE > win 2k-xp > language: us > run kb825221.

Now, after going through this voodoo procedure you will be able to install your sound driver the ordinary way. If you do not have the disk but identify the above features in your downloaded driver, go through the same procedure.

Good luck

Ami Yogev