Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questiopns Refering to first things shown on screen

• Please log in to reply

parkin_m

parkin_m

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hhi just wondered if someone can tell me about the infomation that is displayed on the screen:

Memory Testing 1047552k OK
CPU0 Memory Info: DDR333 Cl:2, 2T single Channel, 64bit
NvMM: 4.052.08.05/20/05
Tcl:2 Trcd:3 Tras: 5 Trp: 2 (2T Timing)

I guess some of this infomation shows the latency of the RAM? but im not even sure what that actually means. also does the DDR333 mean i thinks my RAM is DDR333, because its supposed to be DDR400.

would love a breakdown of what each bit means, sorry for being a n00b!

Mike :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If you have one stick of 512Mb DDR400 and one stick of 512Mb DDR333, the DDR400 stick will run at the same speed as the 333 stick.

Same if you have 3 sticks of 256Mb DDR400 sticks and one DDR333 stick, they'll all still run at the slower speed by design.

The 64-bit means your system is running in Single-Channel mode, though your board DOES support duel-channel mode. The rest is talking about the latency and stuff.

DFI boards like to throw technical data at you, though it goes over most people's heads.

parkin_m

parkin_m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well that is more than worrying. I bought one dual channel 1024 kit (i have two "perfectly matched hand picked" bits of ram (2x512) and it wasnt cheap either.

is it me sticking them in wrong? I put them in DIMM 1 and 2 orange and yellow slot. is that correct?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
If it's anything like the duel-channel board I've got, I needed to put them in what is on my board as the blue slots first, which is DIMM slots 1 and 3. Have a look in your manual to see whether you need to use the orange slots first or the yellow slots first.

Though this doesn't explain why your system has decided to run them only at DDR333 speed.

parkin_m

parkin_m

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey, I put the memory cards into DIMM 1 and DIMM 3.....

Guess what!

they are now in dual channel, and recognised as DDR400!

Thanks alot.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Oh well that sorts that out then :tazz: