Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Proxy Program

• Please log in to reply

DeathOutdone

DeathOutdone

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
I am interested in finding a good proxy program, but I would prefer a free one to a one that I would need to buy. Are there any well-recommended proxy programs out there? I tried ProxyWay, but it didn't work very well. I also tried the Proxomitron, but although it is a proxy, it tecnically doesn't let you upload lists of anonymous proxy sites that you can connect to, which is the kind of proxy I want to have.

To me, proxies are complicated and hard to understand. If there is a simple and good proxy out there, I would greately like to use it, both to hide my personal info from those "advertising sites" out there when I connect to web sites, and to speed up my internet connection.

Experts, mods, admins, helpers, regular members, anyone who has heard of a good proxy, if you could just chime in with a link to the site where I can download it and type a short description of it, that would help a lot.

The part that is hard for me is not finding a proxy site/server IP to use instead of my own, the problem is finding a good proxy program that will let me upload these highly anonymous sites to use as my proxies when I surf the web.

Keep in mind I don't have a really good grasp on proxies, and if you want to clear up any misconceptions I have stated or refer me to a helpful, simple, tutorial, I would greately appreciate that as well :)

Thanks Guys- :tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I don't think there are any good free proxies. A proxy server has all your traffic routed through it first. That takes bandwidth, and bandwidth isn't free.

DeathOutdone

DeathOutdone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Are you sure? I mean, there are lists of free proxy servers that anyone can use with a proxy program (by uploading the lists of proxies).

Man, I really would like a good free proxy. Oh well =(

Allright, then, on to my next question: What are some excellent paid proxies that you can buy?

Edited by DeathOutdone, 05 November 2005 - 11:30 PM.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
if you have patience, you can try the free program multiproxy from http://www.multiproxy.org/

it takes a list of working proxies and uses them all to help you surf anonymously. not very reliable and can be slow. someone else may have good paid proxies.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you have a spare machine lying around and a decent amount of time(and linux knowledge) you can set up a squid proxy server...it's free and runs on linux