Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ugrading driver.

• Please log in to reply

cheeleng

cheeleng

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi I recieved the error message "Cannot install this hardware: There was a problem installing this hardware: Image. An error occurred during the installation of the device the class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device." What it mean by this message, I was upgrading the Umax 2000p which I found by searching the net. (driver for windows xp pro). It was working OK in windows 98se which is installed. I intend to use the scanner from xp. Is there any other way round without installing the upgrade. Actually it was about to start installing the files but failed by the windows logo testing popup.Thanks.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Yes, go to the manufacturer's website and see if you can't get the right drivers for XP. If not, you can try Googling for them.