Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cell phone problem...

• Please log in to reply

CBN2xx

CBN2xx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know this might not be the right forum, if the right community at all, so please if someone could tell me about any other, reply or PM me, just don't tell me to go to the company's tech support, thanks.

Well, I bought a new cell phone two days ago, Motorola C650, everything was fine at first, everything worked just fine. I always played with it in my hand, spinning it with my fingers... so... Yeah, you figuered, I dropped it three times, but nothing serious, the panels didn't even get seperated. So, then, later this day (yesterday), I went with a friend to get some milk and bread from the local shop, so I kept playing with it with my hand. When we were leaving, just a step after the exit door, there was a pond, and I acicidently dropped it right there. The cell phone's panels got seperated and the battery forcefully was hooked off. The battery got kinda wet, the back-panel as well, but the front-panel and the cell phone itself didn't get really wet. Anyway when I got home, I waited a bit for the parts to dry off, and I used the hair dryer as well (on "medium", so as not to melt something inside or something). I joined all the parts together, and it seemed to work just fine. But then, after an hour or so, the buttons got crazy... I mean, either some of them weren't working, or they were leading me to another option (e.g, when I clicked "0", it led me "phone book"). The only buttons that were working properly were the joystick, the hang up/cancel button, 1234568*. I tried opening up the cell phone, seperating even the buttons pad, so I used the hair dryer on the cell phone itself (where the buttons pad used to be), and on the buttons pad as well. I even tried pressing the buttons directly using a pen, but nothing worked except for the hang up/cancel button. I hooked up everything back together, still didn't work. So now only the hang up/cancel button is working, so I can't even answer to any calls. I thought maybe it could be a software issue, but I can't "reset" the settings, because I can't get to the control panel, nothing is working. You think there's anything I could try? Please give me any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by CBN2xx, 05 November 2005 - 04:55 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Sorry about your cell phone. Dropping it is bad enough, but wouldn't kill it. Dropping it in water probably did kill it. You could send it to Motorola for possible repair. It may be cheaper to buy another phone.

CBN2xx

CBN2xx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's what I assumed too. But it was nothing serious... Plus, two days ago, when I pressed some buttons to check the cell phone to see if it works (I was desperate), it did work. Magically, it did! So, now it works and everything is fine... Now, umm... I've got another question regarding the cell phone, if this is wrong then tell me to open a new thread.

I know I do own this cell phone, but I don't think I'm aware of all of its features. So, I've got a question regarding the storage space. Right now I've got something like 1600KB~.Can I buy some memory card(s), and have more storage space? Like, 64MB+?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would look for the answer in the owners manual, or go to the manufacturers web page.