Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant upload videos to my new ipod

• Please log in to reply

ross_s_cfc

ross_s_cfc

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Bought i new 30gb ipod video yesterday i can upload music to it but unfortunately i have been unable to get any of my videos on it anyone any info on this as the manual u get with your ipod is rubbish it tells you nothing :tazz: i imiagine it must be unsupported file types i need help please

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is it a 5th generation iPOD, probably is but just checking

Viewing Videos on Fifth Generation iPod
Transferring videos to your iPod is easy with iTunes. Begin by installing iTunes 6 and the iPod software from the CD that came with your iPod.

Once you have videos in your iTunes Library, iTunes automatically transfers them to your iPod every time you sync.

cheezdoodle17

cheezdoodle17

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
how do you get the videos into your itunes library, though?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Let me know if the tutorials do not help you

http://www.apple.com...tarted_t12.html

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
wow 1000 people have looked at this topic within a few days! :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Popular problem and Santa will probably contribute to the number who get stuck on this

http://www.geekstogo...d33-t83393.html

Slightly_Vertigo

Slightly_Vertigo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Go to :

http://www.videora.c...Converter/iPod/

You have to covert the divx/avi/whatever file type to an MP4.

It's free and works awesome.

Good luck.

m0f0uk

m0f0uk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I've been having similar problems with uploading movies to my new iPod but i've managed to sort it...

It recommends that you download QT7 Pro in order to convert unsupported movie types to MP4 or something, so you can watch them on your iPod. I was going to do this until i read the reviews posted under the "Buy Now" button on the apple/QT website... The general consensus was "it's crap" - crashes when converting big movies... i think someone said a 2 minute movie took 20 or 30 mins which is not good enough if you wanna convert family guy or simpsons episodes.

I believe there are a few freeware progs you can download to convert .mov's .mpg's etc into MP4 and DVD into MP4. I however went for CuCuSoft (around £24) - does the same thing and is very easy to use! Go to:

http://www.cucusoft.com/

and download the 'Free Trial' - have a play about... Open it up and click on the middle button that says: "Run iPod Movie/Video Converter" then click "Continue to evaluate" (so u can try it out, see if it works for you)

Im not gonna run through how to use the program, it's pretty straight forward. Try converting one of your .mpg movies (Note: It will have 'Trial Version' over the top of the movie) - Once you've converted the movie (NB: a 3 minute movie took me a little under 2 mins to convert, which is respectable) locate where it was saved to (for me it was C:\ConverterOutput) then open iTunes... In iTunes click on the Library tab then literally Drag and Drop the new MP4 movie into your library... This will then get updated automatically once u connect your iPod (if that setting is in operation for you). Disconnect the ipod and have a look in the video folder, fingers crossed it should be there and it should play. It did for me!

I've ordered my copy of CuCuSoft, gotta wait 12-24 hours to get the Key, but i think it should work fine based on my trial! Hope this helps some of you having the same problem as me!

Good luck, and Merry Christmas

ThePlantMan

ThePlantMan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
i cant get my video (which i used that videora thingy to convert it) into my library!
:tazz: how do i do it :)
EDIT : and hurry plzz!

Edited by ThePlantMan, 25 December 2005 - 11:49 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try the trial of the converter from post 8

http://www.cucusoft.com/

Advertisements

ThePlantMan

ThePlantMan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
wel i hav Videora. So now I try and add the file to my library (which i click Add File to Library) and it wont do it! I already ocnverted it. I just needa kno how to get it into my library

m0f0uk

m0f0uk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Whether or not this helps...

I dragged and dropped the .mp4 files from a folder (in my C:\ drive) into the Library part of iTunes, i didn't use iTunes directly to browse and then add a file. Try that. If it doesn't work, what file type does Videora convert to and what are you converting? Feature lenght dvd's, episodes from dvd's or just episode sized .mpg's, .avi's, .mov's etc from your computer? CuCusoft converted 8 family guy episodes (.mpg format - 170mb each into .mp4 format - to between 109mb and 141mb each) from my computer... once i added them to iTunes and reconnected my iPod, they were updated automatically... I'm hoping the same should work for you. Reply to this post, i'll try to help further. But as of yet, no-one has tried CuCuSoft and posted a response, so i can only assume it's working ok (like it did for me)... Answer the above questions in bold above so i can get a better idea of what you're trying to achieve.

Rob

ThePlantMan

ThePlantMan

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Is it a 5th generation iPOD, probably is but just checking

Viewing Videos on Fifth Generation iPod
Transferring videos to your iPod is easy with iTunes. Begin by installing iTunes 6 and the iPod software from the CD that came with your iPod.

Once you have videos in your iTunes Library, iTunes automatically transfers them to your iPod every time you sync.

wait. I installed iTunes through online. So I need to install iTunes and that iPod software from CD ;o
I shall do it right now!

Fryguy22

Fryguy22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi.

I used videora and converted my video into MP4. I dragged it into itunes and it is still not going onto my ipod. I changed my ipod settings to upload all video and for some reason it is not uploading this video. This is the only video i have in MP4 format so i have not tried it with anything else. Any suggestions?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://www.geekstogo...-On-t87084.html