Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound only works shortly after reboot

• Please log in to reply

fireangel

fireangel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My sound only works for a short period after I reboot and not always even then. My components are

Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device manufactured by Microsoft
Driver C:\windows\system32\drivers\modemcsa.sys(5.1.2600.0(xpclient.010817-1148),15.75K...

SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio manufactured by Analog Devices, Inc.
IRQ Channel IRQ17
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\smwdm.sys(5.12.01.3555,532.25KB(545,024 bytes),7/15...

I have a Dell Dimension 4600C I purchased about 1 year ago and the sound has worked perfectly until recently. System info shows the status to be ok and when I check it in and under device status it shows it is working properly. I have checked all connections and they are correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Fireangel

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to uninstall audio drivers and reinstall them. The easyiest is if you have drivers cd suitable for your computer. If you don't have the cd, download audio driver from Dell and reinstall it.