Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Feature Transfer Error KOTOR II

• Please log in to reply

desertghost

desertghost

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have the game Knights of the Old Republic II, but It will not complete the installation process. In fact it gets less then a few percentages complete. Everything goes great until I i select to start installing, the files start going, until it gets to the "lightmaps", and then I get the following box pop up:

Feature Transer Error
Feature: StarwarsKnightsoftheold republicII: The Sith Lords_Files
Component: Default Component
File: E:\Data2.cab
Error: Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

The only option i get with this error message box is ok, and when i click on it, the whole install wizard disappears as if i never started the installation process. I have no idea what the error means and i could use some help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
copy the cd to the hdd and run the install from there.

desertghost

desertghost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
How do I do that? could you walk me through the process?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
just I like I said. insert cd into drive. go to explorer. right click drive and copy. click on c: drive (make sure you have enough space free to do this ) and past there.

or you could browse the cd drive, select all, copy. then create a folder on the c: drive and then past the contents there.

desertghost

desertghost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok I was searching online and found that the error sometimes is caused by something as simple as a dirty disk, so I cleaned it, and low and behold I was able to finish the installation process. I immediately went through the process of updating to the latest version. I pop the disk in and everything seems to go well. I get the Lucas arts logo, then the obsidien logo, finally i see three jedi Looking people on the screen, then it goes black, which i assumed would lead to the game, but it stayed black. Then the screen disappears and I get the following error:

"program error: swkotor2.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You need to restart the program. An error log is being created"

I couldn't believe that after updating to the most recent patches, I would still not be able to play. Any suggestions?