Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please Help me get cod 2 going :)

• Please log in to reply

nukemben

nukemben

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ive always had trouble with my games and the speed they run at because someone somewhere did something to my computer before i took it out of the box, anyway, now that I have Call of Duty 2 and I am getting spawnkilled by my mates before they appear on my screen i am starting to go mad :tazz:

If someone needs more specs I can most probably get them if im showed how to. And btw my pc is from tiny if that makes any difference :woot:

My basic specs are:

3.0Ghz Proccessor
1024Mb Ram
Radeon 9800 Graphics Card current driver: (catalyst driver 5.10)
200 Gb Hard Drive but i only have about 147Gb free.

I opened up computer and tried seeing putting a fan under the Graphics card because some forums suggested overheating, i also tried taking out bits of hardware that I know I dont need, like the Wireless Antenna Card etc.

I have tried everything I could think of, I updated my mainboard drivers from Via, mucked arount in ATI's Catalyst Control Centre, disabled Smart Gart etc.

I dont understand why it is not working well? even in safe mode it still lags, getting a headshot with a rifle on multiplayer is now out of the question. Fiddling round with the ingame settings does not help much either, if i try to put the resolution up from 640*480 the menu screen becomes laggy to. I have other games that run fine on my pc though? these are . . Battle For middle Earth, Fable The Lost Chapters, Call of Duty 1, Call Of Duty UO, BF2 has the same problem if i put the resolution up but if i keep the graphics down it is easily bearable.

I took Call of Duty 2 round my friends house and it works fine, great graphics, runs amazingly on network and single player! and his computers are getting old, I think their specs are

2.4Ghz Proccessor
512 Ram
64Mb Nvidia Cards (dont know what type)
80Gb hard Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated, ive had this problem since christmas, but I cant stand it anymore. :woot: :)

A question to. . .I thought I had pretty good specs? has Tiny gone and put a cheap motherboard and parts in my computers, hehe ive bin pickpocketed :)

Edited by nukemben, 05 November 2005 - 05:36 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
how could you have this problem since xmas and cod2 just came out?

your system specs sound fine. you could play the game with dx7 turned on to see if its a graphics issue. however I suspect that you are having issues with your networking. are you connected through a router? dsl or cable? do you know how to perform a trace route (tracert)?

also we highly recomend installing service pack 2 for windows xp.

nukemben

nukemben

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
What I mean is, I had this issue with Ground Control 2 at chsitmas when I got the pc, however i gave up on that game because it wasnt that good anyway, now the same problem has returned for cod2, but i dont want to give up on this one as I would like to play with my mates lol.

I have already got service pack 2 and any other critical updates that it asked me to install. I am connected through a router. Belkin 54g but I have an ethernet cable going into it, other people use the wireless bit. However i doubt that is the issue because it does it on single player to. *very slow response times, you will move the mouse to the left and it wont respond for 2 seconds, running i will end up running into walls and shooting is [bleep] near impossible.* The odd thing is that it does not do it on games which demand more memory from the computer :tazz: Battlefield 2 seems to use more memory and has much larger maps, unless cod2 and bf2 use a different type of graphics feature thing?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well good question. pull down your console in game and see if its showing any errors (man I wish my copy of cod 2 was here already). anyways there is a really good guide for tweaking:
http://www.tweakguides.com/COD2_1.html

try it out and see if you adjust some of your ingame stuff.

also check out my clans forums at http://v4v.conforums...x.cgi?board=two
a lot of what we have post is from that guide, but a few suggestions came from elswhere.