Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

large display

• Please log in to reply

Elmie

Elmie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Started my computer today and everything on my screen is huge. The icons on the desktop are large, the bars are large, and when I start any program, everything in it is large, so that very little fits in the screen.

Have gone to "Appearances and Themes"; the DPI size is still "normal," but when I click on "custom DPI setting" the ruler is also large, so that even when the "percentage of normal size" is at 100%, the 1-inch on that ruler is more like 1.5 inches on a real (physical) ruler. How can I get it back to the real normal? I've rebooted a few times but no change.

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
see if this helps.right click on your desktop,select properties,appearance,change font size to normal,click effects,untick use large icons,click apply and ok.check screen resolution in settings as well.

Elmie

Elmie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Have done all that - everything is set to "normal" and nothing "large" is selected.