Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motorola Modem

• Please log in to reply

Mitch Pelley

Mitch Pelley

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey there, I have recently upgraded to Windows XP, my modem is not compatible with this version. Is there anywhere online to download a driver?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Mitch Pelley!

What do you mean by it's 'not compatible'? Motorola modems don't need any drivers. And I'm assuming that this modem is what you got from your cable/dsl provider to let you connect to the internet.

Fenor

Mitch Pelley

Mitch Pelley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi Fenor, I tried to install my modem after doing a fresh install of windows. No, my modem was not from the cable/dls provider. I am using dial up.. Please help me. I had to run a compatiblity test and it told me that my modem was no good with windows xp...

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please give me the make and model number of your modem. I know it's a motorola, but what is the model number?

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 05 November 2005 - 06:59 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Motorola upset a lot of people in late 2001 when it came to their modems. They pulled all drivers from their website four months early.

The company has never officially supported Windows XP with their older modems, in lieu of the fact they'd been out of the business for the best part of three years.

In some cases Windows 2000 drivers might work for your modem.
In the long run, it might be easier just to buy a new modem.

Edited by Neil Jones, 06 November 2005 - 05:50 AM.