Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to reinstall ie?

• Please log in to reply

p3dr0

p3dr0

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello guys! :tazz:
If a question: How can i reinstall IE because if delete a dll from ie and since if delete this dll ie does not work

ive forgotten whats the name of the dll ;) but a reinstall should fix this or?
but how can i reinstall ?!

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Try this:

Click "Start", "Search", "all files and folders", and search for IE.INF. Now when the search finds this file, right click on it and click "Install". This should reinstall IE and OE.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

p3dr0

p3dr0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
k problem is checked thread can be closed

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Very Nice! ;)

p3dr0

p3dr0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
woops a problem is appeard

the problem wasnt solved it was only once time and for this time if used the firefox browser ....

the searcher dowsnt fnd the iE.inf ..... .what can i do to reinstall ?

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Try downloading it from here:

http://windowsxp.mvp...utils/IEFix.zip

Extract IE.inf from the .zip file you download and place the file in C:\windows\system32
Now right click IE.inf and click install.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If zip files throw you, read Admin's "Repair Internet Explorer 6.0" at :

Repair IE

:tazz:

Ron

p3dr0

p3dr0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ive reinstall it but the problem isnt solved it loads no websites :mad:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you tried using XP's Restore and restore your pc at the point you were having no problems? If I understand you correctly, IE doesn't load Web pages, but you have no problem with Firefox...correct?

I hope you removed all traces of the previous install before re-installing IE6.0 again.

Ron

p3dr0

p3dr0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Web pages, but you have no problem with Firefox...correct?

I hope you removed all traces of the previous install before re-installing IE6.0 again.

thats correct !
traces ?! oO ive delete all junkware if u mean this

I cant restore because then are so many datas deleted :/

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

traces ?! oO ive delete all junkware if u mean this

Actually, I meant for you to use the uninstall program in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove IE6.0 before you reinstalled IE again. I would uninstall the critical updates for Internet Explorer, try it quickly to load a web page, then run and get all the updates for IE6 if you have no problems. You might check your firewall settings for IE6, too. You didn't mention whether you have SP 2 installed. SP2 has reset a lot of default settings in XP and has an impact on some programs you may have.

Possibly someone else has a better idea they'll post before I get back to you on this.

Ron

p3dr0

p3dr0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
k also what hotfix should iremove ?
KB840374
KB873001
KB835732
Kb828035
KB828741
KB828028
KB826942
KB826939
KB824146
KB824141
KB823182
KB822603
KB820291

i dont have installed SP2

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Let's hold on this removal. Just make sure you had a clean uninstall for IE6.0 by using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and that you then had a clean reinstall of IE6.0 from : IE 6.0 Download.

Then make sure you have all the latest IE 6.0 updates from here : Recommended Updates for IE 6.0

Re-installing IE6.0 by using johnnyrotten's or admin's advice should have done the trick. Even though you don't have SP2 on your pc, if you have been installing updates on a regular basis, you have probably got most of the SP2 updates that Micro$oft issues on their SP2 CDROM. It resets the defaults in XP and turns on a lot fo stuff in the firewall. It affects the security settings in IE and OE.

Some questions :
1) Do your web pages only partially load?
2) Do you receive any error messages?
3) Is it just the images not loading?
4) Does IE just stop responding when connecting to a web site?
5) Have you tried setting your Security and Privacy settings?
6) Have you checked your firewall settings for IE6.
7) Connection with server not made?
8) Do you periodically clear your Internet history, temporary internet files, etc.?
9) Have you ran a thorough check for viruses/malware that may affect IE only? See admin's recommendations here : Tools

I may be totally on the wrong track or asking the wrong questions about your problem, but try to give as much information as possible on what exactly happens. I do not have XP currently installed on my pc, so can not give you step-by-step instructions.

Ron

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Adding this just in case it applies to you :

Non-English characters in URLs and queries
------------------------------------------
Internet Explorer 6 SP 1 uses a new standard to transmit non-English addresses (URLs) to the server. URLs are now encoded in a character-encoding standard named UTF-8. If the server is running Windows 2000, the URLs will work as expected. Many servers cannot process URLs encoded in UTF-8.

>>> To use non-English characters in URLs with servers unable to process URLs encoded in UTF-8:

1. On the Tools menu in the browser, click Internet Options.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Browsing, deselect the Always Send URLs As UTF-8 check box.

The query part of URLs is transmitted in a form fully compatible with Internet Explorer 4 and later.

Ron