Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is tcpsvcs.exe

• Please log in to reply

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok i think i have finally found whats slowing down my computer something called tcpsvcs.exe is taking up all of the cpu. it usually runs at 90 or so % everytime i put the priority level down the pc goes faster wut i wunna no is why is it there in the first place and how can i keep it from takin up all of the cpu thanx alot

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi and welcome to Geekstogo :)

I can tell you what it is :)

tcpsvcs.exe is a part of Microsoft Windows networking components. This essential system process is initiated when the computer uses special TCP/IP networking services such as DHCP, Simple TCP and print services. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

What folder is it in?

:tazz:

Excal

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Just to pipe in a little more info. tcpsvcs.exe can also be exploited by the backdoor.egghead trojan. Check out this site for more detailed information.

You might want to take a stroll down to the malware forum and let an expert take a look at your HJT log.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
But of course Excal is helping you here, so he will know best. :tazz:

Fenor

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

Just to pipe in a little more info. tcpsvcs.exe can also be exploited by the backdoor.egghead trojan. Check out this site for more detailed information.

You might want to take a stroll down to the malware forum and let an expert take a look at your HJT log.

Fenor

Thats why I wanted to know what folder its in before we move it over there :tazz:

Excal

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Great minds think alike! :tazz:

Fenor

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok i only found them in Windows\System32 and Windows\System32\dllcache

my computer is on a home network and its basically the center of it every other computer prints through it so i dunno i did not find a Vchost folder so i dunno thanx

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
those are in the proper folder :)

so the hand off goes to fenor :)

:tazz:

Excal

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
so do u kno how to keep the priority of it low

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
From my research, I have discovered that tcpsvcs.exe will run in the background and use up 90-100% cpu usage when ipv6 is installed. To uninstall it, go to STARt-->RUN and type cmd. In the window that appears, type ipv6 uninstall. Reboot your computer and the file should no longer appear in task manager's processes tab.

Fenor

* EDIT -- Fenor takes the hand off and he could..........go.........all...........the............way............TOUCHDOWN!!!!! :tazz: :) :) *

Edited by Fenor, 06 November 2005 - 08:27 PM.

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
lol thanx alot i will try when i get home from school bud