Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer is randomly restarting

• Please log in to reply

ComputerAdvocate

ComputerAdvocate

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Im having problems with my computer randomly restarting for no apparent reason, I think it may be a device driver

Advertisements

Emachines_suck

Emachines_suck

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Mabey run a spyware removel progaram, you might already have one, but if you dont heres the best spyare program i could find thats free.: www.webroot.com

EMS

ComputerAdvocate

ComputerAdvocate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
My computer is clean of malware, this has been happening since i turned it on for the first time

Emachines_suck

Emachines_suck

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
mabey it mabey be an issue with over heating.

if that is not the case, is there any error display (BSOD) (even for a fraction of a second) with the words page_fault or driver_orql_less_then_or_equal ?

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
if there is a blue screen, it'll be just a flash of blue between the restarts if you don't enable a setting that makes the computer pause so you can read what is on the screen. boot into safe mode by tapping F8 repeatedly as the computer boots and try to change the following setting:

control panel, system, advanced tab, startup and recovery settings, under system failure, uncheck 'automatically restart'

restart normally and if the problem persists, you will find that you can read the blue screen now, if there is one, which there will certainly be if it's a driver problem as you suspect it is. there is an error code associated with the error and a phrase following the error code. post back with the information here and someone will be able to tell you how to fix it.

ComputerAdvocate

ComputerAdvocate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
It seems it was a device driver because when i changed the settings as you suggested i got a blue screen heres what its said:

DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0x000000EC, 0x0000002, 0x0000001, 0xB66D68D4)

HTTP.sys - Address B66D68D4 base at B66C5000, DateStamp 41672744

Also:

DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1 (0x3F3F3F57, 0x0000002, 0x000000, 0xED274365)

NVtcp.sys. - Address ED274365 base at ED272000, DateStamp 41e7162e

Edited by ComputerAdvocate, 06 November 2005 - 04:11 PM.