Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AIM Invalid Password

• Please log in to reply

laurnashly

laurnashly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently changed my password to sign on to AOL Instant Messenger, and since then every time I try to sign on using the AIM software, on my computer and on my friend's computers, it tells me the password is invalid. However, when I request to have my password emailed to me, it gives me the password it is claiming is invalid. I can use the password to sign on to AIM Express, just not when I sign on the actual AIM software. My other screennames work just fine, its just the one where I recently changed the password. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but that doesn't help. And of course, no one at AIM wants to help me. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about :tazz:

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Laurnashly

You should be able to request with AOL to have them reset the password for that user account. There would be no possible other way.