Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Euthanasia

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

What consernce me is in some contaries where it has become legal, people go there with one way tickets, just because they are sick of living.

Isn't that their choice to end their lives? Whether or not you could do it yourself, how can we really judge someone else for making that choice for themselves? You can't argue in this case that they are so ill they are not of "sound mind". How else would they be able to buy that one way ticket, and etc? Who are we to judge, or tell a dying person they don't have the right to end their life on THEIR terms?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It is there choice. I can't judge them, but I can be consernced how God will (since I beleive in God)

Some of these people are in sound in mind, and body. (though I do start to doubt the mind bit)

Who are we to judge, or tell a dying person they don't have the right to end their life on THEIR terms?

In some case I think it is all right, but in others I don't. It depends on the how and why. Particuly the how it is done.

Edited by Michael, 07 November 2005 - 05:59 AM.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I think that if the person want to do it?Thats Ok

Who are we to judge

Isn't that their choice to end their lives? Whether or not you could do it yourself, how can we really judge someone else for making that choice for themselves? You can't argue in this case that they are so ill they are not of "sound mind". How else would they be able to buy that one way ticket, and etc? Who are we to judge, or tell a dying person they don't have the right to end their life on THEIR terms?

I agree in all way with you Kat :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

you should live your life to it's fullest potential

at a certain point....this becomes impossible....I've worked with many stroke victims and brain injury patients that...well...have absolutely no quality of life....they are in a situation that, if they are still conscious enough to know what is going on, is the closest thing to [bleep] that anyone could imagine....they live a horrible pitiful existence...and for what purpose? because mammy is too attached to her baby to let go? or you can't imagine your own life without granny?...it's a little selfish to keep these people alive..

now...on that note....i don't feel that euthanasia is always right....it should never be someone else's choice...ever..one way or the other...it is everyone's responsibility to plan for your own future...just like choosing to be an organ donor...you should put legal documentation into place...as soon as possible that covers these circumstances....i my self already have a living will that dictates that under certain circumstances...that i do not want to be resuscitated...it's as simple as preperation..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive never heard of a case where in the few European countries where euthanasia is legal of a non terminally ill person being permitted to do so(that wouldnt be euthanasia that would be suicide), its a very strict thing there was quite alot of coverage in the media on the matter here and it was a very strict process to go through.

I am very sorry for your loss Kat, cancer is a terrible thing to go through, my family is seemingly very prone to cancer and even though my immediate family survived that had it, it was distressing to see them go through it and even though we have been quite lucky it is was hard i truly feel for you and your family.

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I have in a living will not to be kept alive by machinery or medicines for more than 72 hours.3 days.No more,I don't care if the delivery driver carrying the medication is 2 min.s late because of traffic ,72 HOURS,no more!And in all probability the sickness will put me in such a position.I don't see what this has to do with the youth in Asia,tho.Are they skipping school or something?