Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

monitor out of range

• Please log in to reply

laura daphne

laura daphne

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have an acer cpu and te555 crt monitor. It was purchased new 11 months ago. Every few weeks when i turn the system on, my monitor says "out of range" it gives the range requirements (which i dont have) and then the screen turns itself off. i have disconnected and reconnected the monitor cable from the back of my cpu and after several attempts it usually works. can you tell me what is wrong and how to correct it please

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Looking at this page I can see what your problem is. That monitor has an unusually low vertical frequency range, only going to 54hz. If you can right click on an empty part of your desktop and choose properties, then settings, and advanced, or maybe another category, you may be able to set the vertical freq of your display adapter to less that 54hz, so that it will be within range. If not, then get another monitor???

http://www.theeducat...les/by-id/4054/

laura daphne

laura daphne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Cheers for your advice. I was unable to correct the problem so contacted the supplier. They are going to replace the monitor under warrenty. many thanks :tazz: :)
smilie