Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Happy face virus maybe in bios

• Please log in to reply

Vathros

Vathros

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok here go's, I DL mobo drivers from intels site. After the reboot I got a black screen with a lil happy face at the bottom. I tried to put in my boot disk and format, but it wouldnt let me access A drive. "I even disabled other drives" Then I was able to boot from cd rom, So I put my windows cd in. I deleted the partition, then the install failed. So I pulled out the HD and put it in this comp and formatted it in windows. I replaced it, and still got the happy face. Then I DL recovery bio file on a floppy disk, Pulled the jumper and booted up. The drive beep 5 times, Intels site says it takes 2-5 mins, and that the system would shut down when finished. After 15 mins, I turned off the system, and replaced the jumper. I still have the happy face. My system is win xp, mobo is D845PBZ. Im hearing the virus is probably in the bios. Any help at all would be super great, I been working on it since yesterday. Ty John

Advertisements

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
download the updated bios and install that, you may have to put the install in a bootable cd since your floppy doesnt work

Vathros

Vathros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
How do I do that? My bio knowledge isnt so hot

Vathros

Vathros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Also my mobo is an intel D875pbz socket 478. The proc is P3.2 with HT. Im looking to buy a new mobo, any suggestions?