Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP wont boot up and I cant reinstall

• Please log in to reply

bruhle

bruhle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I have the most random PC on the planet. I built it myself and its always had little problems here and there that have always made me want to reinstall everything and start over.
Now my computer will get to the XP loading screen and it will go for a few seconds and then the bar at the bottom of the logo will freeze and it will never load as long as I leave it there.
That got me pissed so I just decided to wipe everything and start over so I put in the XP disc and I got the PC to boot from the cd and it starts to load everything. It goes on for a bit and then it stops at Starting Windows. It never goes past that and now I am completely lost with a usless computer. I dont have the ASR disc so that is out unless I can get another one but base on how my compter is acting im sceptical anything would work.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the hard drive manufacturer's set up utility, check it includes the maintenance option to write zero's to the drive, use the full not quick version