Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Compute slow, then locks up

  • Please log in to reply



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My PC is very slow and is regularly locking up. Only thing that I can think of is that I recently updated my SBC/YAHOO/DSL browser. Tho not positive, I wonder if this is the casue of my problem.

I have a file ready to import, but it has taken a long time to get this far due to lock ups and having to reboot and log back in. In a nutsehell, no viri, trojans, etc have been found by your sites recommended malware software. I also have a Hijack This log saved.

In addition to my NAV, I also ran all of the programs suggested in your "first post" instructions, plus otehrs (CleanUp, As-Aware-SE, CWShredder, Spybot S&D, Spyware Coctor, Xsoft Spy, Ewido Security Suite, Trend Housecall, AVG Free, TorjanHunter). I keep my [email protected] Pro (SP4) updated via autoupdate and verified it is current.

My system is:
AMD Athalon XP, 1474 MHz
Gigabyte GA-7DX+ motherboard
AMD-760 chipset

Because of the problems that I am having, I am going to post this and log out so that I can get at my file and get back to y'all.

  • 0




    Trusted Tech

  • Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi el1chente!

Have you posted a HJT log in the MALWARE FORUM yet? If you haven't, I suggest you do so. Lots of times there are still fragments of malware left in your system even after doing all the recommended scans. That's why we say these tools will help you clean up 70% of your problems on your own. The other 30% can be taken care of by the malware experts in that forum. :tazz:


* EDIT * -- When posting a HJT log in the Malware Forum, make sure it is a CURRENT log and not the one you say you have saved already.

Edited by Fenor, 07 November 2005 - 08:43 AM.

  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP