Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Software/connecting phone to computer

• Please log in to reply

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello there,

I need software to connect a motorola c350 to computer. I found this on a website but not sure what it means any help would be very much appreciated. (Plz excuse grammar and spelling but that's how it was when I copied it). The stuff in red is what really puzzles me (yeh like you believe that...hee hee....if the truth be known everything puzzles me...lol :thumbsup: ) ;)

Thanks loads, Lindy xx :tazz:

"Motorola C350, C450 and C550 have hardware GPRS modem(4+1). Phone is connected to computer with trivial USB-miniUSB cable. Modem in phones works with computer as USB modem, and phone promotes ATI commands(can use in Linux). This driver is compatible for Motorola C350, C450, C550, perhaps C650, V220, V180. Please write me your expirience. You will have to install this driver, if you want to use other programs.

Motorola C350 USB driver

Download (1,2 MB)

Install progress: Download this file. Install the driver by advice in setup program. After install connect phone to the computer. Windows will found drivers and install it.

Warning: After install Motorola USB modem use same com port, like dial-up modem. I must disable one of this modem, if a want to use someone.

Other P2K drivers only for Win XP. You need it for some programs for image, sound atd... For more information write to kchaja@seznam.cz.

Motorola C350 USB driver(XP)

Download (23 kB)"

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Lindyloo

It sounds like when you install the software for the cell phone to connect with your computer, it will try to use the same system resources that the built in laptop modem wants to use and will cause conflicts, which will either disable the cell phone or your computer modem or both. What it does sound like you have to do, is go into the Device Manager and disable the built in modem on the laptop and then install the software for the cell phone. Could you post a link to the web site, so that we can read that, hopefully.......love the grammer :tazz:

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I think I found the web site that you are referring to..... ;) http://motorolac.wz....p?str=downloade

First one in a Google search :tazz:

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
You might want to check out this site to get the drivers that you need, shows usb and for the com port drivers, I would trust this site a little more than the other one.

http://www.nodevice.com/Motorola.html

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks for that Spank_me,

I will have a looksee at the website you mention. Haven't a clue what I'm doing but hey how else will I learn. Will let you know what happens.

Thanks loads, Lindy xx :tazz:

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Ok I'm back,

I went into device manager but couldn't find the built in modem (I know I had one somewhere but don't use it now cos I use broadband could my Brother have done something with it when he installed XP...................hmm maybe I should ask him what he's done with it.........lol)

All I could find in Device manager was PORTS (COM & LPT) I opened this and got COMMUNICATIONS PORT (COM 1) and ECP PRINTER PORT (LPT 1)

Further down there was SPEEDTOUCH USB MODEM.

Is the communications port (COM 1) the one I should disable?.....DOH!! :tazz:

Also could you tell me if I had a photo beside my name would I be able to see it? (Cos if I have I can't and If I haven't could you tell me why not when I selected to have one...........Sorry I know it's nothing to do with problem ;) :thumbsup: :cheers: and :cheers: again)

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
You are connecting the phone to a regular desktop cp or a laptop, if you hold down the Windows key and press Pause\Break key, the system properties window will popup, select the hardware tab - Device Manager Button - should now see a window with your cp on top, if there is a modem installed onto your cp it will show up in Modems, hit the + besides that and you modem will be there if installed. If you don't use the modem anymore, right click on that and select disable and click ok. Your modem will now be showing with a red X through it.

What kind of cable are you using to connect the phone, USB, Serial, com port is the smaller 9 pin connector, looks like a small version of your printer connection, LPT is your printer connection, you do not want to disable that unless you do not want to print anymore.

If you are connecting with the 9 pin connector or USB, I would just install the software, but you will have to download the software for the com and not usb, or the usb and not the com.

For your pic, did you choose your own from your cp and upload the file, check the requirments of the pic also, 100 x 100 pixels and no larger than 200kb

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks again Spank, ;)

I'm using a regular computer not a laptop (but what's a cp?)
I know how to get to the device manager through the control panel (but what's pause\break key?)
I'm using USB cable what I got with digital camera (it fits)
There is nothing in the device manager with modems on it.....it goes from mice and other pointing devices to monitors. The only thing mentioning modems is Speedtouch USB modem.

As for my picture it is small enough 100 x 80 pixels I will have a look to see if I've done it correctly (probably not.........lol). I take it you can't see it and I should be able to.

Thanks again for your very prompt replies, Lindy xx :thumbsup: :tazz:

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
:tazz:

How daft am I?? (Don't answer that) The pics I can see under ppls names are Avatars. That doesn't answer the question where Is the personal photo shown? ;) :cheers:

Many thanks, Lindy xx :thumbsup:

groove18

groove18

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hi lindy

the speedtouch modem is the modem used for an adsl (or broadband ) connection .....made by alcatel (i know this cos im using one lol) :tazz:

hope this helps ;)

mike

Advertisements

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks Mike, ;)

Will it be safe then to install the drivers for my mobile without affecting my computer or modem??

Thanks again everyone, Lindy xx :tazz:

groove18

groove18

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
as ive also had a motorola connected to the comp i dont see why not lol just make sure you follow the instructions to the letter :tazz:

good luck lindy

mike

groove18

groove18

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
if it doesnt install or if you get a confliction with the speedtouch , unistall your phone drivers then goto the motorola site to see if they have any info on the safe installation

:tazz:

mike

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks,

I'll try it and let you know the outcome.

Lindy x :tazz:

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Well I've done it.

I've installed the drivers and my hardware is now ready to use. The problem is now what do I do, or what can I do?? DOH!! :tazz: ;)

I mean I've went through all this and bothered you all to the point of nervous breakdown (yours not mine, I had mine ages ago) and now I haven't a clue what I'm doing (nothing new there then.....lol)

Thanks loads, Lindy