Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

warcraft 3 error

• Please log in to reply

redfangs52

redfangs52

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Once upon a time warcraft 3 worked on my windows XP dell computer. Now, whenever I open it, the game runs until I move the mouse. THen it freezes up instantly and I have to shut down my computer manually. if you could help please reply thanks

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you had any other issues with the pc? is this a ps/2 mouse or usb?

redfangs52

redfangs52

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no other pc errors... usb mouse

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try with a different mouse. you could to to your event logs (control panel, admin tools, even viewer) and look in "system" and "aplication" for any read or yellow marks.

redfangs52

redfangs52

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried new mouse... still freezes. went to aplication to check out errors... nothing listed for warcraft

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, found a link with a ton of fixes on it:
http://www.thehelper...php/t-5021.html

some highlights from it: update your sound drivers. try disabling eax in your ingame settings. Make sure your system has the latest driver updates for the system board. and finally make sure your video card has had its drivers update.