Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

!URGENT! Data recovery, overwrote file!

• Please log in to reply

ProSpider

ProSpider

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay, I was writing a very long piece of writing, and I saved it. Then, I used the same document for the next piece of writing, whichwas also long. I went to save it, and I saved OVER the old one! I was using Works Word Processor, and I NEED that document, very quickly.

Is there any way to get it?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go

Your chances of getting you file back is not that great because as you said, you have saved it over the top of the old one.

There are programs that recover deleted files that have not been over writen, there is a chance that there is a copy of the document on your hard drive because it was saved it a differance palace and not over the top of the old one.

Here are a few links to get you started on you search for a file recovery program, I have never had to use one and can't find any one that recomends any one as the best.

Recover My Files
Free Undelete
PC World
Google Search

Edited by Michael, 07 November 2005 - 03:48 AM.