Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Photoshop help

• Please log in to reply

nintendosage

nintendosage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont know if I'm really in the right forum, but I'll post my problem anyways. My dad just got me Adobe Photoshop 3 from his office, and also an Adobe Photoshop 7.0 upgrade. So, anyway, Photoshop 3 is on 9 floppy disks, and when I tried to install the first disk, this window came up, saying...

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

So, what am I to do? Help would be appriciated!
:tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
This usually happens when one or more system-files is corrupted/damaged.
In yor case it's AUTOEXEC.NT. There's a liitle free utility you can download and run to repair the file. Its called XP_FIX.EXE and you can get it here:

http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/

I recommend that you download this file and SAVE it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this file.

Oh, and if you intend to use the Photoshop 7 upgrade CD, you may not have to install Photoshop 3 in any case.. Try this: Start installing from the PS7 CD, when it says it needs to check your system for an earlier version to qualify for the upgrade, stick diskette No1 of PS3 into the floppy-drive, then point the PS7 setup to the floppy-disk (should be a 'browse' button or something similar, allowing you to navigate to A: drive).

That should allow the PS7 install to continue, and you'll have a cleaner installation with no irrelevant PS3 files left on your hard drive to cause possible problems. This known as a 'clean' install and is always the preferred method. Most upgrade applications do not insist you have to have the earlier version actually installed. Just so long as you have the proof you own it on floppies or CD.