Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Tweaking picture context menu, IE6

• Please log in to reply

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Since many software installations (FlashGet, OfflineExplorer among some) modify the IE menu, I would like to know how can I, as user :)

Posted Image

As you can see, there are in the context menu over picture some options, and I would like to REMOVE the send the pic by email (highlighted) and set the picture as wallpaper and the one bellow it :)

It is possible, and anyone know how to do it? :tazz:

PS: Im not affraid of any system file modifications using anything - probably ResHacker :woot:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Every thing in those menus you see whe you right click something are registry entrys. Deleting them removes the context menu item.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

in regedit is where it should be, if not it can't be deleted :tazz: sorry.

trodas

trodas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Yes, but this is only the extended stuff - eg. it did not allow me to modify the already existing, default menu.

But thanks for trying :tazz:

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Yes you can't edit the default, easly. I have tryed finding out how, I could not work out how to do it. Even if you could edit a file to remove it, most likely you would mess other things up.

trodas

trodas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Im not affraid from modifing of files :) I did it few times before (see my topics about moding the shell32.dll and comdlg32.dll files in order to get nicer bigger file resuesters) and it working fine for me :tazz:

Resource hacker rules! :)

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I cannot think of anyway to just eliminate sending PICTURES by email...that is a file related context menu...Windows will not differentiate what kind of file (at least not in anyway i can think of)

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I know you are not worryed about editing files, but this would mean playing with code (and finding it). Microsoft dose not tell half as much about Windows to even have a clue where to start looking.

Dose it realy annoy you that much?

trodas

trodas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Yes, it does. I want to get rid of things into the context menu :tazz:

There has to be any way... These stuff (eg. what should be in the menu) had to be inside of some file, so just point me at this poor file and I cut his guts hard :) :)