Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply

coffee5

coffee5

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello,

I can not open Paint Shop pro. When I try the the message "installing" shows up. (the program is already installed). Then I get a fault message saying that the program can not be installed because I am running in safe mode (which I am not) or that Windows installer is not on my computer. I can get Windows Installer form Micro soft but which one?

Thanks everyone. Your last fix with my System 32 file was spot on.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I would advice that you uninstall then reinstall Paint Shop pro, since this error has something to do with it.

Windows Installer 3.1 is the latest version.

This error can also be caused by the windows installer service not being started. To make sure it is running go
Start < run < and type services.msc
Then find Windows Installer right click it and press start and then see if you still get the error.