and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan
on your desktop.
Please download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here:http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT
run a scan yet.
If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode
by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.
Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
- You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
- If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
- DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
- If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
- Save the report to your desktop
Next go to Control Panel
click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info
" if present.
Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut.
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC
- A new window will open...click the Check Now
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address
and click send
- Select either Home User
- Click the big Scan Now
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on Local Disks
to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report
button, then Save Report
and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a fresh HijackThis Log
, the contents of smitfiles.txt and the Ewido Log
by using Add Reply
Let us know if any problems persist.