Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Freezes my computer

• Please log in to reply

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
I use firefox i like it much better, but my parents aren't exactly computer smart and finally understood how to use internet explorer 6 so im trying to fix it for them. Anyway when i open IE it brings up the window and then everything almost freezes. Everything goes slow and it takes 10 minutes just to close down the IE window. I have tried waiting it out and a message that says the virtual memory minimum is too low. To my knowledge virtual memory is ram and we have 512 Mb ram ( if that helps) I have run virus scans with MCAFFEE on the files and on the proccess, both came up clean. Ive done spyware and adware searches with spybot search and destroy, and gotten rid of al problems, and my internet still does not work. Note: everything else still works when i close down Ie, i can play games go on firefox etc. with no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
My friend said to try clearing out all the temporary internet files and cookies. It now will open up to my home page but then it says my virtual memory minimum is too low. I dont know if this changes anything,Thanx