Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

scanreg /restore screwed up computer

• Please log in to reply

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
I finally fixed about everything, but lost a lot of files from doing an irrelevant scanreg /restore
so i went to restore it and i restored it back to 11/6 and when the PW screen came up it said in an error box

Load DLL error
Can't load ProcNICs9x.dll

so i reinstalled my router software and the stupid message sitll comes up, and when i try to restore it to an even farther back point it wont let me :woot:
Soo..Retarded.. :tazz: :) :woot: :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Scanreg doesn't touch any of the files on the hard drive apart from the registry. It's an entirely different thing from System Restore, which you don't have (I'm assuming you're using Windows 98).

This file therefore was removed on another occasion away from Scanreg. Google it, it seems to be connected to a wireless network card? Try reinstalling that. Otherwise you should be able to download the file from somewhere.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Yeah..well.. as soon I restored it back to the way it was 11/6 the problem started, and now scanreg wont work anymore and restore to any other previous points.. :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Oniketsoku...

Do you remember how we uninstalled the network adapter in Device Manager last time? Try doing that and reboot...let me know if that helps.

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Really strange lol, I was sitting ehre after that didn't work, ran a few virus scans, and in the middle of running one, AIM and the homepage pops up O_o
It was really random. But whatever, it works, it'a all good.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Oniketsoku...

Glad you're back up and running! :tazz:

wannabe1