Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with my printer

• Please log in to reply

september

september

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask this question. If not, someone will tell me, I'm sure. I have a Lexmark X85 All In One printer. When I recently replaced my ink cartridges it didn't recognize my colour cartridge only my black one. I have not been able to get it to work no matter what I do. I have taken out the cartridge, put it back again. I've uninstalled and re-installed the printer. No help. I appreciate any suggestions.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
Hi and welcome to GTG

make sure the catridge is sitting properly in the right slot.
Clean the contacts on both the printer and the catridge.
see if that helps, you other option is to get in touch with Lexmark.

good luck :tazz:

september

september

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for your suggestion. I have done that but it didn't help. So I contacted Lexmark. That didn't help either. Maybe I will have to go shopping for a new printer.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I have had "sort of " a similar problem, only the color cartridge WAS recognized, but not printing in color. after several resets/cleaning/adjusting, I determined it to be a problem with the cartridge being clogged, and was further convinced of this when customer told me it had not been used in a "long time".

She bought a new color cartridge and printer works great..........{and prints color as well............lol}