Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Task Mgr disappeared

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use task manager quite a bit to watch what I am doing on my computer, but recently it seems to have vanished. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del does not bring it up, right clicking on the task bar doesn't, and going to Start/Run taskman doesn't work. My mouse cursor goes to the hourglass like it is trying to bring something up, but then nothing ever comes of it. The small green box isn't on the section near the time and date so it's not minimized either.

I was told by someone else to try Start/Run Taskmgr but that tells me that the program is already in use. I am not sure what happened here but it is rather aggravating. Thanks for your help.

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
not sure why your task manager not working but you may try something called "Process Explorer" which is better than task manager. Here is the link