Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer not printing..

• Please log in to reply

debstargirl

debstargirl

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The details to say it is about to print to the HP deskjet 5652 come up, but it just stays on the screen without doing anything.

The printer printed out one self test on a single piece of paper 2 out of 3 times.

I've checked that everything else is fine... is there other things I might need to check?

Thanks guys..
Debs

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall the software, if you installed from a CD, try drivers and software from HP

http://h10025.www1.h...en&cc=us&os=181

ernieh

ernieh

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
i dont remember what model it is that has been recalled but that might be it. go to www.hp.com and find out how to chat with a customer service person tell them the problem and they will ask you some other things and tell you to do some other things but if it is the right model and you cant get it working they will send you a newer model at no cost you just have to tell them your name phone # and some other things they will call you asking a credit card # and some other things but as long as u send the old one back to them they will not charge you a dime. i do not know if this is the same model that i did this with but i do know it was an HP. hey its worth a shot.

debstargirl

debstargirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay...

Will do that.... Any pointers.. since I haven't uninstalled any programmes at all (hmmm...all been done for me in the past!)... Thanks for your input... heaps, Deborah

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, add / remove, look through the list for the HP Printer, click it to highlight, click remove, confirm and reboot if it asks

Click start then Printers and faxes, (you may need to go to control panel, printers and other hardware, printers and faxes if it is not in the list from start). Check the printer is not shown there

Run disc clean up, (start, all programmes, accessories, system tools)

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, press edit then select all, (all files highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm delete, reboot

Re-install from the CD or from the HP site

Getting the software and drivers from the HP site will usually give the latest available