Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office Update Scan Freezing

• Please log in to reply

Craig S

Craig S

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Office Update Scan freezes at 49-58% and I have Re-Installed Office XP (Win Me) and Deleted / Re-Installed IE6 in the same process. An attempt at a Manual appraisal of a needed Office Update this a.m. resulted in an Incomplete Install, so I'd rather the Scan and resulting instructions to Install something return. Any ideas what to try next?

Advertisements

Craig S

Craig S

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I accidentally discovered that the AMON module of Eset's NOD32 AV ( which I use/think a lot of) is the culprit ( if I Disable AMON the Office Update Scan completes fine), and I have posted on the NOD32 Chat site for ideas. FYI should you have NOD32 and get this "freeze" issue. Edit 11/10: I usually have AMON Set to scan "All Extensions" and find if I use Eset's Default List of Extensions to Scan that the Update Scan Works. AMON interfered with another NOD32 poster's install of a MS Access 2002 update and he identified a file/folder to "Exclude" from AMON scanning.

Edited by Craig S, 11 November 2005 - 08:32 AM.