Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HJT log..possible advnt01.com problems

• Please log in to reply

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Ooo, I didn't realize Wanadoo was your ISP... You can restore to a backup with Hijack This and put it all back and then just remove all the same stuff except wanadoo. How did you get back online anyways? I thought you were being redirected to wanadoo's server via a proxy and didn't know wanadoo was your isp. Sorry. c:\progra~1 is c:\program files :tazz:

-=jonnyrotten=- ;)

Advertisements

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
lol
figured about the prgra~1 thing, so looked in program files, and it wasn't there either :tazz:

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
and i do have hidden files disabled before you ask :tazz:

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Everything looks clean though. How is your system running?

To restore with Hijack This follow these instructions:

Start Hijack This
Click the "Config" button on the bottom right.
Click backups
select a backup point.

If you do that then just follow the previous instructions except ignore the wanadoo stuff.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
i'll tell you how it is when adaware has finished scanning :tazz:

three random questions before i run away into the hills of computer working-ness

1 . can i make msn open hotmail in avant (my browser of choice) rather than in IE (for obvious reasons)

2 . is it a bit strange that there have been no updates for adaware for about a month?

3. will i be "safe" with just zone alarm (which is annoying me already) and adaware se?

thanks ;)

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
and the news is good ;) adaware detected nothing whatsoever...which is d*** rare..not even any CWSearch files :thumbsup:

can i have your babies now? :tazz:

lol

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

can i have your babies now? tongue.gif

:tazz: ;) Only if you're over 18! :thumbsup: :cheers: JK..

1 . can i make msn open hotmail in avant (my browser of choice) rather than in IE (for obvious reasons)

If you figure out that one, then let me know, cuz I've been trying to figure out the same thing for Firefox. I haven't done a ton of research on it, but maybe I will now so we can both know..

. is it a bit strange that there have been no updates for adaware for about a month?

Ya, I think that is a bit strange, because I just downloaded some the other day. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. The malware may have done something there.

will i be "safe" with just zone alarm (which is annoying me already) and adaware se?

I would recommend spybot and spyware blaster also. They all work great together. Check out the details on my website (check the link in my signature).

I know a firewall is sort of annoying at first, but after you teach it what to allow, block, and ask about it should be pretty smooth. Try out Sygate if you are curious about others and see which works best for you. I used to use Sygate but switched back to Etrust Firewall (just ZoneAlarm with a different skin). I still have it ask me everytime if I want to open IE just because I don't want it connecting on it's own.

-=jonnyrotten=- :cheers:

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
there must be a way...can't work out how changing your default browser doesn't do it

if i were to uninstall IE, would it automatically open in my default browser..and would the uninstalling affect avant in any way?

its one of those annoying things thats bugged me since i got online many moons ago...

the answer must be out there somewhere...and to make it harder, i'm running the new beta msn...so we'll encounter more problems :tazz:

dan

tht

tht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
just email msn/hotmail support, will keep you posted :tazz: