Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sounds from the case when moving mouse

• Please log in to reply

aand

aand

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sometimes, when i move the mouse, i can hear some hissing noise coming from the mainboard (i keep my pc case open). It is similar to the sound of hdd working or browsing a book, but that is loud compared to this. I think it's not coming from the pc speaker, i can't pinpoint the exact source.

It happens, for example, when i move the cursor over the text in this page: http://www.anosr.ro/...data/givemefive .

I also heard this when using my neighbour's PC some time ago (we both have optical mice).

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Noise from PC
8th Nov-2005

Have an idea – But answer these questions 1st – I know they may sound strange – but problems like this has been documented & attributed to/as USB Anomalies -

1-Is your Mouse a USB Mouse and/or Wireless –
2-Did this just suddenly start happening –
3-Did you recently add new USB Devices to PC –
4-How many USB Devices do you have –

Jack123