Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access 97 page fault on db opening

• Please log in to reply

rearadmiral

rearadmiral

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just loaded Access 97 onto my Win 98SE laptop (500MHz 320 RAM) but everytime I try opening a database I get the msg. 'MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSACCESS.EXE at 0167:300faf9c.' I've tried opening an empty db that I created in my old 166MHz Win 95 machine (where Access works perfectly) but I get the same problem. Even if I just open a template on the laptop, Access falls over.

I've also tried Access in 'Safe Mode' on the laptop & even then I get the same msg.

I currently have Office 2000 SB on the laptop, so I've spent this morning uninstalling Access 97, using the Office 97 Eraser, uninstalling Office 2000SB (which only comprises Word, XL & Outlook), using both the Office 2000 Erasers & then reinstalling Access 97....... twice! However, both times Access gave the same error even in 'Safe Mode' which completely threw me as I'm really not sure what 2 look 4 now. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received as I'm running out of hair 2 pull out. ;~}

Cheers

Advertisements