Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory

• Please log in to reply

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
drive "D' on win.xp home is 92% full.dr."c" is 22% full,after defrag.How do I get more space on D,all non used app.s have been removed and reg. cleaned.If this is not the ans.would investing in a little more memory that can stand alone be the answer?I use an old hp 512 on dial up.and after 4 years this was bound to happen.If I play games I usually just have the one I'm playing set up.After trial and error.I'm perplexed and somewhat vexed by this.Thanx in adv. for your generous help.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
First off Hard drive space and memory are not the same. C:\ and D:\ are hard drives and have nothing to do with memory.

If you want more hard drive space you can try and clean up all the temp files a good program for this it CCleaner download install and run that, don't be suprised if it delete at lot of stuff, you don't need what it deletes. The other option is get another hard drive.