Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive [bleep]!

• Please log in to reply

droid

droid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have had a problem with my new hard drive stalling during important tasks. I bought a new hard drive to replace the old hard drive in an ageing pc. I bought a 80Gb and set it as master and formatted it as you do, installed windows and away we go. But the problem is when i try to burn an image for a dvd. It starts to obtain the image for burning then stalls and the system freezes??I decided to burn a dvd with my old drive in and although quite slow, works fine with the same software. The hard drive is fine really apart from that, what could be the problem. It cant be compatability, as it works! Is there settings i need to change?? I need to burn dvds and hate having to keep swapping drives (ide cable broken, only master connection working).Please help.

Advertisements

droid

droid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
why does it bleep hard drive [bleep]???