Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card crashing

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I have a Geforce fx 5200, when i turn my pc on the monitor does not turn on but when i press the reset button a couple of times it does then when i play games after about 10 mins the screen would go black and the computer resart.

please help, Thanks

Kurt

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Random reboots are usually caused by heat, memory, driver issues or the power supply. You need to investigate each possible cause to rule it out or fix it. Check your fans, make sure they are all working and that your computer is free from dust, cat hair etc. You can go to http://www.memtest86.com/ and get memtest86, test the memory. You can check the system event log to see if it gives a clue as to the cause. Go to my computer, right click manage, and view the event log for the time of the last reboot. Right click properties for details. You can also send a report to M$ and view their knowledge base for possible solutions.

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
thanks but ive fixed it it was a setting that was set wrong. thanks for ur time anyway :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
which setting was wrong?

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
it was to do with anitialising it was set to off and i changed it to apllication controlled. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
thanks for letting us know...and congratulations