Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone alarm problem

• Please log in to reply

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
How can I make Zone alarm firewall allow file and print sharing? Is there an option to allow an exception?. please help.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You certainly can. Chck in the ZA log to see what IPs it is blocking and put the IP and computer name in the trusted zone.

Edited by Tyger, 08 November 2005 - 12:57 PM.

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
thanks! except it does't show ips in the log and I had trouble identifying which to allow to trusted zone. but I figured it out.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Find out what IP addresses are on your network and add them to Zonealarm's trusted zone.

To do this, go to Start -> Run -> cmd.
Type in "ipconfig". There's this system's IP address. (usually a 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x address).
Repeat for the other(s).

Then in Zonealarm in each computer, add the IP addresses to the Trusted Zone. I passed on Zonealarm recently so can't remember where the appropriate options are to do this.

Edited by Neil Jones, 08 November 2005 - 06:07 PM.